Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

So today I watched Beauty and the Beast in 3D at the movies(it's the first time I've ever seen it) and I have to admit I was pretty amazed by it. Not only was the 3D animation pretty eye catching and technologically just awesome, I caught myself analyzing the whole movie. After the movie, I ended up going home and reading the original version of the fairly tale which comes from French folklore. It was pretty cool to compare a French fairytale to the German ones we've been reading in class by the Grimm brothers. I imagine in my head how Sexton would transform this fairy tale much like she did in Snow White and Seven Dwarves. While I did enjoy reading the tale better(which is often the case) I thought Disney did a pretty decent job producing the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment