Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKygDoeIJBc

There is a link to the song! I suggest you guys listen to it!

"Why are you so far from me?
In my arms is where you are to be
How long will you make me wait?
I don't know how much more I can take
I missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do,
Slowly counting down the days
Till I finally know your name
The way your hand feels round my waist
The way you laugh, the way your kisses taste
I missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
How I do
I've missed you but I haven't met you
Oh how I miss you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to,
Oh how I want to
Dear whoever you might be
I'm still waiting patiently"

 I consider this song a poem because it has several different literary devices at play. First off there is a plot to the short song. The story can be interpreted in several different ways, but the most basic interpretation would be an individual waiting for there true love to come along. However,  it uses ambiguity because the individual is using tons of imagery to describe their true love that they haven't met yet.

3 comments:

  1. Hey it's Sunnee from Lit. I was wondering if you could tell me what we did in class yesterday? Or what we're doing tomorrow? I'd really appreciate it.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There!! Sorry I just saw this post today:/ But on Wed we basically just started the Gabriel Marquez book questions, and we continued them on Friday. We finished up the question on the ghost ship story. Also we went over the Research summary that is due on Monday! So don't forget about that!

      Delete