Friday, March 9, 2012

My Full Moon Experience

It was cold, too cold to be in just a tank top and shorts. But I didn't care. The night's refreshing bite made me feel alive, more alive than I've felt for a few days now. I went outside a few minutes to minutes planning on taking a quick glance at the full moon and rushing back inside. After looking at the moon for a few seconds I realized I was captured, no paralyzed by it. What is about the moon that is so encompassing? It's astonishing to think the mood simply reflects light and is nothing more than a cold, windless, rock. Then I realized by feet had gone almost completely numb and I couldn't feel my ears. How long had I been outside? Was it still today or had it vanished into tomorrow? I hesitantly headed back inside, but as I did I could've sworn something or someone wanted me to stay outside and keep looking at the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment